If you wish to become a vendor at the Kingsville Farmers’ Market, please copy the Application Forms below & read the Rules & Regulations and the Policies & Procedures. Then, please print and complete. The completed form can be submitted to Christine Dundas (Vendor Chairman) at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Cherrin Meleg (Market President) at Mr. D’s Produce booth at the Saturday morning market. Alternatively, please phone Cherrin at 519-733-8162.
Kingsville Farmers’ Market
2018 Vendor Application
*Personal Name: ________________________________________________
Business Name: ________________________________________________
Mailing Address: ________________________________________________________________________
*Contact Phone: __________________________ Can we text this number? Yes ___ No ___
Which category best suits your booth?
ð Farm Product ð Prepared Food ð Artisan / Craft ð Community Booth (non-profit)
- Do you make, bake or grow your product or have a service to offer on-site at the market? Yes ___ No ___
- Have you previously been a vendor at any Farmers’ Market? Yes ___ No ___
- If yes, which one? ____________________________________ & when _____________________
- Do you operate as a storefront? Yes ___ No ___
- Will your booth require a source of electricity? Yes ___ No ___ If yes, how much? ____amps
- List all products you wish to sell at the Market. Please be complete and concise.
(The KFM reserves the right to limit which products / services you are allowed to sell at the KFM.)
TIME / PLACE
The Market is open 10am till 2pm each Saturday.
The Market will be held outside at the parkette beside Carnegie Hall, 28 Division Street South, Kingsville, rain or shine. You must provide your own table and chairs, plus we strongly suggest that you provide your own shelter. A 10’x10’ shelter with some sides (for those wet days) is recommended. We also recommend you peg down or weigh down your tent as it does get breezy some days.
- A Full Time Vendor is a vendor that attends the market a minimum of 13 weeks. The weekly rent for a full time vendor is $20.00 per week or $420 for the full season. This can be paid all at once at the beginning of the season or in 2-month installments as follows:
- May – June rent due opening day of market
- July – August rent due June 30th
- September – October rent due August 25th
- A Part Time Vendor is a vendor that attends the market a minimum of 6 weeks to a maximum of 12 weeks. The weekly rent for a part time vendor is $22.50, due with application.
- An Occasional Vendor is a vendor that attends the market a minimum of 1 week to a maximum of 6 weeks. The weekly rent for a one time / occasional vendor is $25.00 due with application.
Booth fee may be waived for non-profit community booths.
Note: If you miss a week that you have paid for in advance, this rent will not be returned to you.
All Farmers’ Market Vendors: 2018 Annual Membership Fee is $20.00. Due with application.
Membership is required for all vendors as this covers the Kingsville Farmers’ Market’s membership with the Ontario Farmers’ Market Association and insurance. Under the Ontario Farmers’ Market Insurance Policy all vendors are insured for liability coverage while selling their products at the KFM only.
Payments can be made by cash, cheque or etransfer. Please make cheques payable to the Kingsville Farmers’ Market. Please note that there is a $20.00 NSF fee for returned cheques. eTransfer can be sent to email@example.com with password ‘market’.
Please note that your application must be approved prior to cheques or cash being deposited.
A submitted application does not guarantee you a booth at the KFM. Your application will be reviewed by the Vendor Committee and / or the Board of Directors.
Only full time vendors that have paid for a full season will have a reserved booth spot that will not change for the remainder of the season (unless they request it or spaces need to be filled due to low attendance). All other vendors (part time or occasional) will fill spaces required and may be in a different space each week depending on what is required.
2018 MARKET DATES
Please indicate which dates you will be attending the market:
|May 19th||May 26th|
|June 2nd||June 9th||June 16th||June 23rd||June 30th|
|July 7th||July 14th||July 21st||July 28th|
|August 4th||August 11th||August 18th||August 25th|
|September 1st||September 8th||September 15th||September 22nd||September 29th|
For inquiries or to submit your completed applications and applicable payments, please contact:
91 Princess Street, Leamington, ON N8H 2Z1
ð I confirm that the information provided in my application is, to the best of my knowledge, true and accurate and that I agree to represent my products at the Kingsville Farmers’ Market in accordance with the Policies & Procedures, Rules & Regulations for the 2018 Market Season.
Name: ____________________________________ Date: ___________________________
Kingsville / Belle River Farmers’ Markets
Policies and Procedures
The name of this organization shall be the “Kingsville Farmers’ Market” hereafter referred to as the KFM.
The KFM is a group of vendors who wish to organize for the advocacy of, and to oversee, a viable Farmers Market in the County of Essex.
Our mission is to establish and maintain a Farmers’ Market to provide local producers with a profitable, well organized, retail marketplace in a neighbourly atmosphere and to stimulate public interest and increased consumption of locally grown, good value farm products, their related goods and the craft of skilled local artisans.
- Any vendor meeting the requirements under the definition of vendor and residing within an 80 km radius of the Market and who agrees to abide by the rules and regulations of the market, may become a voting member upon acceptance by the Board of Directors.
- Any other persons residing within an 80 km radius of the Market and, who fully support the objectives and philosophies of the Association may become an Associate, non-voting member upon acceptance by the Board of Directors.
- Members must pay an annual membership fee to be established by the Board and thereafter at any duly called meeting of the market in addition to any stall fee as prescribed by the Board or as set at the Market’s annual meeting.
- Only members in good standing may vote at meetings.
- A member in good standing shall be defined as any vendor who has paid his / her membership fee and attended at least 5 Market days as a vendor in the past 12 months.
- Every question shall be decided by a show of hands. In case of an equality of votes, the President shall be entitled to a vote.
- A minimum of 80% of goods offered for sale must be grown or produced by the applying vendor. It is understood that some vendors will be carrying products produced / grown in Ontario but resold. This must be clearly indicated on applications and on all marketing and pricing material. Homegrown products will always be considered before resale items.
- Agriculture – Products include, but are not limited to: fruit and vegetables, plants, shrubs, trees, flowers, honey, maple syrup, preserves, meat, fish, poultry and eggs, wool and other fibres and their finished products, grains, etc.
- Certified Organics – Product labeled as certified organic must be proven to be certified organic. Products grown “Organically”, but not certified organic must be so labeled.
- Baking – Products include, but are not limited to: breads, rolls, buns, muffins, cookies, fruit pies, cakes, pastries, meat pies, etc.
- Resale – Food products not produced by the vendor but made in Ontario and resold such as cheese, smoked meats, other value added products.
- Arts & Crafts – Hand made, high quality, high value-added items using vendors’ skill, artistry and training to produce a new, unique and original product.
- Other – This category will be strictly considered at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
- Community Table – A community table is available to charity and non-profit organizations, at no cost, for fund-raising, promotional and educational purposes by applying to the Board of Directors. Users of the community table will be permitted to make sales at the discretion of the Board of Directors and a a fee established by the Board. This restriction also applies to persons who visit the market as demonstrators in a special event. The person applying will be held responsible for supplying their own tables and chairs and display materials.
- The Association shall meet no less than once a year.
- The Annual Meeting shall be held during the month of October on a day set by the Board of Directors.
- A quorum shall consist of 60% of the voting members for any general or annual meeting or 75% of the Executive members for an Executive meeting.
- Fiscal year is the calendar year.
- Written notice to the membership is to be given 14 days prior to each general information meeting and 30 days prior notice to the membership of any special general meeting or annual general meeting called for the business of the market outside the scope of the Board of Directors and the written policies, procedures and regulations of the CFMA.
- The governing body of the KFM shall be the Board of Directors consisting of the officers, directors at large and the Chairpersons of all sub committees and juries.
- The market will elect or re-elect its executive officers annually from the voting delegates of the members. The executive shall consist of a President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary.
- The President shall preside over all meetings and perform any duties necessary to promote the interests of the Association.
- The Vice President shall perform all duties of the President in his / her absence.
- The Treasurer shall hold all Association money, pay all bills upon order of the Executive and present his / her books and records for auditing on demand by the Executive or by a petition of 2/3 of the members in good standing.
- The Secretary shall keep a record of the proceedings of all meetings. The secretary shall attend to all correspondence of the Association and perform any duties for the Association assigned to him / her by the Executive. Any correspondence or notice to the members will be delivered either by hand deliver, postal delivery or by email as required.
- The primary focus of all decision making for members serving on the Board is for the benefit and longevity of the Kingsville Farmers’ Market.
- The Executive shall be responsible for presenting all annual financial statements and budgets at the Annual Meeting to the membership for their approval.
- This document can be amended by a two thirds (2/3) vote of voting delegates at any Annual Meeting or duly called meeting.
- This document shall be fully binding on all members and shall not expire until such time as a majority deem otherwise.
Adopted and approved by the Board of Directors of the Kingsville Farmers’ Market on this 4th day of March, 2015, at Kingsville, Ontario.